TICAD7 Official Side Event African Film Across Borders:
Building New Bridges of Cooperation
"The Mercy of the Jungle" Special Screening & Symposium
Kawase will be attendance the event on 28th of August at Yokohama. This is the details of the event below.
The Japan Foundation, in collaboration with Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), will host a symposium on African films with attendance of filmmakers and film festival directors who have expertise and profound knowledge of film scenes in Africa. The symposium will be held following a special screening of an African film. This is an official side event of the 7th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD 7) which is held in Yokohama from August 28 to 30, 2019.
Day & Time : Thursday, August 29, 2019
6:30 p.m. - 9:35 p.m. (Doors open at 6:00 p.m.)
Venue: Yokohama Burg 13 Screen 6
Address : 6th Floor, Colette Mare 1-1-7 Sakuragi-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa
6:00 p.m. Doors open
6:30 p.m. Opening remarks
6:45 p.m. Special Screening "THE MERCY OF THE JUNGLE"
8:25 p.m. Symposium "African Film Across Borders: Building New Bridges of Cooperation"
9:35 p.m. Closing
Speakers （alphabetical order by surname）:
- Aurélien Bodinaux (Producer of "THE MERCY OF THE JUNGLE")
- Fidelis Duker （Fonder/Festival Director of Abuja International Film Festival）
- Naomi Kawase (Filmmaker)
- Anthony Krause (Chief of the Policy and Research Unit in the Section for the Diversity of Cultural Expressions, UNESCO）
- Hisashi Okajima (Director, National Film Archive of Japan)
- Ardiouma Soma (Director-General, Pan-Africa Film & Television Festival of Ouagadougou)
- Miho Yoshida （Director, Cinema Africa)
Film: French and Swahili (Japanese and English subtitle)
Symposium: Japanese, English and French (Japanese-English & Japanese-French simultaneous interpretation)
More information URL: https://www.jpf.go.jp/e/project/culture/media/other/2019/ticad.html